- TSN, FreeSports and W-Sport Added to Worldwide Distribution Network
- Bally’s Sports Networks and NESN to Serve as Regional Sports Network Partners in the United States
- USA Lacrosse, Inside Lacrosse and National Lacrosse League to Stream 8 Digital Games on their Sites
- Courtney Martinez Connor and Joe Beninati to Serve as Broadcast Team for Season
Athletes Unlimited announced today that TSN, FreeSports and W-Sport have been added to the previously announced network of broadcast and streaming partners that include CBS Sports Network, FOX Sports, Facebook and YouTube for its inaugural lacrosse league, which started July 23 and features 56 of the best players in the world.
The agreements will provide live coverage in North America, Africa and the Middle East, and a combination of live and near-live coverage in Europe. Following is a breakdown of coverage:
- TSN: Canada (15 games) www.tsn.ca
- FreeSports: UK (22 games) freesports.tv
- W-Sport: Up to 77 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, Middle East and North Africa (22 games)
Athletes Unlimited previously announced the eight games set to be broadcast on YouTube, Facebook, and Facebook’s Oculus Venues virtual reality platform.
Bally’s Sports Networks and New England Sports Network will rebroadcast eight games each in key regional markets across the United States. Bally’s has scheduled 240 airings across 18 of its owned and affiliated regional sports networks through August 15, while NESN will have 33 total airings through August 31 on its NESN, NESN+ and NESN National feeds.
In addition, USA Lacrosse, Inside Lacrosse and the National Lacrosse League will co-stream eight of Athletes Unlimited’s digital games on their respective Facebook channels.
Athletes Unlimited also announced its award-winning broadcast team that will call all 30 games of its inaugural season. Courtney Martinez Connor, a former defender for the University of Maryland, will serve as the color analyst. Connor is a five-time national champion, four-time ACC champion and MVP of the 2001 NCAA Championship. She was named the first head coach for the University of Arizona’s varsity women’s programs and has lacrosse broadcast experience with ESPN and the Big Ten Network.
Joe Beninati will provide play-by-play coverage. Beninati has won 15 Capital Region Emmy awards for excellence and has twice been named D.C. Sportscaster of the Year. His experience includes 26 years of calling Washington Capitals games for NBC as well as coverage of professional and collegiate lacrosse on ESPN and the Big Ten Network.
“Our international distribution plan and regional sports network partners for our inaugural lacrosse season will ensure unprecedented coverage for our world-class athletes for fans around the globe,” said Jon Patricof, CEO and co-founder of Athletes Unlimited. “We are also thrilled to have an outstanding broadcast team that will provide award-winning coverage of our games.”
Lacrosse makes updates to scoring system ahead of third season
© Athletes Unlimited, LLC 2022 / Credit: Krystina Brown
9 Lacrosse athletes named to 2023 World Lacrosse Women’s Super Sixes Roster
© Athletes Unlimited, LLC 2023 / Credit: Kait Devir
get in the game
Join the pro sports revolution, unlock benefits and more.
Be a part of the game, and get the ultimate fan experience.
- Contribute 10% to the Athlete Bonus Pool
- Club Vote: Vote on Game MVPs, Seasonal Awards and more
- Weekly Meet & Greets following each streamed draft*
- Early Access to tickets
- Access to additional merchandise
Unlimited Club Gold
Got more love for the game? Go for the gold.
- Access to Ticket Concierge
- Seasonal virtual events, such as multi-player meet & greets with autographs
- Yearly Gift: Athletes Unlimited T-Shirt
- One (1) UC Gold Box ($200 value) for the sport of your choice**
- 25% off additional UC Gold Boxes