- 13 U.S. National Team Players including Kylie Ohlmiller, Taylor Cummings, Marie McCool, Kayla Treanor, Michelle Tumolo and Meg Douty among World-Class Players Confirmed to Compete
- Limited Fans To Attend Games Throughout Five-Week, Single Destination Season
- 600 Elite Middle and High School Female Lacrosse Players from Around the Country to Participate in Athletes Unlimited National Futures Summit
Athletes Unlimited announced today its inaugural Lacrosse League, featuring 56 of the best players on the planet, will take place in the Washington, DC Metro area at Maureen Hendricks Field in Boyds, Maryland from July 19 – August 22. In addition to professional competition, Athletes Unlimited will also host its three-day National Summit for top elite middle and high school female lacrosse players from across the country during its pro league season.
Athletes Unlimited Lacrosse will feature World Champions, U.S. National Team members, NCAA National Champions and All-Americans. The league will play a short form, fast paced format consisting of eight-minute quarters, 9v9 gameplay and a 60-second shot clock all housed on an 90yd x 60yd playing field. At the end of weekly play, the top four players on the Athletes Unlimited leaderboard will serve as captains and draft four teams of 14 players each. Play will begin with draws at the beginning of each quarter as well as after every goal.
A limited number of fans will be invited to attend Athletes Unlimited Lacrosse games in-person pending COVID-19 regulations. Updated information on attendance at Maureen Hendricks Field during our season will be posted on www.auprosports.com in coming weeks.
Similar to Athletes Unlimited’s inaugural softball and volleyball leagues, lacrosse will enjoy unprecedented global exposure via a combination of broadcast networks and streaming partners which will be announced in coming weeks.
Athletes Unlimited will host more than 600 elite middle and high school players as part of the league’s Athletes Unlimited Futures National Summit that will offer advanced training and competition by players and top coaches to be held July 26-28th. Each attendee earned an invitation to the Athletes Unlimited Futures National Summit after qualifying at local tryouts held in 15 U.S. cities earlier this year.
“We are excited to be competing in the mid-Atlantic region which has such a rich history in lacrosse,” said U.S. National Player and University of Maryland standout Midfielder Taylor Cummings.
“Athletes Unlimited is thrilled to host our inaugural lacrosse season and Athletes Unlimited Futures National Summit featuring the sports future stars near our nation’s capital this summer,” said Jon Patricof, Co-Founder and CEO of Athletes Unlimited. “We look forward to showcasing the biggest names in lacrosse for our fans in the DC metro area and around the world.”
- Athletes Unlimited unveils pregnancy and parental leave policy
- Rachel Garcia, Sis Bates and Giselle 'G' Juarez lead inaugural Softball College Draft class
- Recap: Charlotte North leads Team Read with three goals, three assists
- Meet the 9 Draftees from the inaugural Athletes Unlimited Volleyball Draft
Athletes Unlimited unveils pregnancy and parental leave policy
Recap: Charlotte North leads Team Read with three goals, three assists