Athletes Unlimited is excited to announce the signing of ten new athletes since our public launch, taking the total to 24 signed players:
Olympic Qualified National team members:
Jenny Gilbert (outfielder) Team Canada
Taylor McQuillin (pitcher) Team Mexico
Sashel Palacios (catcher) Team Mexico
Amanda Sanchez (infielder) Team Mexico
Anissa Urtez (infielder) Team Mexico
Taran Alvelo (pitcher) member of Team Puerto Rico
Sahvanna Jaquish (catcher) 2018 WBSC World Championship Gold Medalist
Aleshia Ocasio (pitcher) member of Team Puerto Rico, Captured the National
Championship with the Florida Gators in 2015
Nadia Taylor (infielder) Named to the 2018 All-NPF Team
Megan Wiggins (outfielder) 6x All-NPF Team Selection
Now to how points are distributed…
One of the biggest things that sets Athletes Unlimited apart from other professional sports leagues is the scoring system. In order to add an extra layer of excitement to the game, we’ve developed a unique scoring system that is centered around the athlete, using thorough analysis of historical softball data. Here’s how it works:
The rule of 3’s
In the Athletes Unlimited system, points are awarded and accumulated based on three factors: Win points, game MVPs and individual statistics. This means that players can accrue points based on both individual and team performances. Cumulative points determined by these three factors are then used for leaderboard rankings and to decide things like monetary bonuses and weekly team captains.
First, players can earn points for both individual innings and overall game wins, with each inning being worth +10 points and overall games worth +50. In the case of a tied inning, points roll over to the subsequent inning.
Recognizing standout performances is important too, which is why three MVP honors will be awarded per game — all voted on by the players. Points are as follows:
MVP 1: +60 points
MVP 2: +40 points
MVP 3: +20 points
These points are added to each player’s overall score to determine leaderboard rankings.
Third, players get points based on their individual performance.
The system is designed so that position players and pitchers have an equal chance to earn points.
Here’s how the individual points system works:
Single: 10 points
Double: 20 points
Triple: 30 points
Home run: 40 points
Stolen base: 10 points
Caught stealing: -10 points
Base on balls: 10 points
So here’s an example:
If a batter goes 2-4 with a HR and a single, but is caught stealing, that player would be scored as:
40 (HR) + 10 (IB) – 10 (CS)= 40 points.
Pitchers earn points +4 points earned for every out and -10 points for each earned run allowed.
So, if a pitcher throws 4.1 IP and allows 2 earned runs, that player would be scored as:
(13 outs × 4) – (2 ER × 10) = 32 points
By developing this type of scoring system, Athletes Unlimited is able to highlight individual productivity within a team environment.
Hmmm we can see Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill in the stands now…
These stories piqued our interest…
Athletes Unlimited Seeks to Reinvent Women’s Pro Sports, Starting With Softball
Athletes Unlimited announces partnerships with CBS Sports and ESPN to broadcast all games of inaugural softball season live this summer starting August 29
10 Players Added to Athletes Unlimited Basketball, Set to Tip Off January 26 in Las Vegas
Taylor Cummings becomes inaugural Athletes Unlimited Champion, Second Season coming in 2022
Get in the Game
Join The Unlimited Club to unlock benefits for every Athletes Unlimited season by downloading the official Athletes Unlimited App.
- Exclusive Pre-Sale Window
- Access to the Athletes Unlimited App and Fan Leaderboard
- Receive Special Member Giveaways
- Newsletter -- the best way to stay up to date with the latest Athletes Unlimited news
- Unlimited Pick athlete news & access
Rookie benefits, plus:
- Founding Member Designation
- Contribute 10% to the Athlete Bonus Pool
- Club Vote: Vote on Game MVPs, GEICO Defensive Player of the Year, Rookie of the Year & more
- Early Access to Tickets
- Exclusive end of season auction with game-used items with 90% of funds going to the Athlete Causes program and 10% going to the Player Bonus Pool
- Unlimited Pick: Signed Postcard*
- 10% off Select Merchandise**
Pro benefits, plus:
- Virtual Post-Draft Meet and Greets
- Invitations to virtual events, such as athlete Q&As
- Access to exclusive NFTs
- Exclusive videos (Extended Mic’d Ups and more)
- Unlimited Pick: Signed Postcard*
MVP benefits, plus:
- Access to Ticket Concierge
- Athlete-used item contest*
- On-site Meet & Greets with athletes
- Preferred Parking**
- Player-only item, such as a backpack or hat
- Unlimited Pick: Signed Item***