Led by nine saves from Waters, Team Johansen limited Team Colson to just four goals en route to a 7-4 victory at USA Lacrosse Headquarters. The win allowed Team Johansen to close the penultimate week of the season with a 3-0 record, while Team Colson dipped to 1-2.
Rookie Courtney Taylor anchored the defensive efforts for Team Johansen and earned MVP 1 honors after collecting four caused turnovers with two ground balls and two draw controls. The Boston College standout closed play with 202 leaderboard points.
Waters, meanwhile, notched seven of her nine saves in the second half to finish with MVP 3 accolades and 185 leaderboard points. She also authored two caused turnovers and two ground balls in the victory.
Glynn tallied 10 saves in the loss for Team Colson and secured MVP 2 recognition for her efforts to earn 93 total leaderboard points. Rookie attacker Charlotte North scored three of Team Colson’s four goals in the setback.
Team Johansen used goals from three different players, including a two-point marker from attacker Cortney Fortunato, to build a 4-1 lead in the first half. Attacker Kenzie Kent netted the lone goal of the third quarter to trim the margin to 4-2 before back-to-back markers from midfielder Kelsey Huff and attacker Halle Majorana expanded the advantage to 6-2.
Midfielder Amanda Johansen moved into third place on the leaderboard and will serve as a captain for the final week of the season. She will be joined in the captain’s chairs by Glynn, goalkeeper Taylor Moreno and attacker Sam Apuzzo. Moreno and Apuzzo are separated by just six points entering the final week of the season.
The 11 combined points are the fewest scored in a game in Athletes Unlimited Lacrosse history … The previous low was 12 points, which occurred three times during the 2021 campaign.
North and Majorana both scored in the game, allowing the duo to join attacker Lauren Gilbert as the only players to net at least one goal in all nine games this season.
There were a combined 38 turnovers in the contest.
Team Johansen outshot Team Colson by a 30-26 margin, including an 18-7 count in the first half.
Team Johansen becomes the sixth team in Athletes Unlimited Lacrosse history to sweep all three games in a single week.
- #1 – Courtney Taylor (Team Johansen, +45)
- #2 – Kady Glynn (Team Colson, +30)
- #3 – Caylee Waters (Team Johansen, +15)
Recap: Waters earns 216 points with 10 saves in 11-8 win
Sahvanna Jaquish batea dos jonrones para que el Equipo Hayward le otorgue su primera derrota a Osterman
Get in the Game
Join The Unlimited Club to unlock benefits for every Athletes Unlimited season by downloading the official Athletes Unlimited App.
- Exclusive Pre-Sale Window
- Access to the Athletes Unlimited App and Fan Leaderboard
- Receive Special Member Giveaways
- Newsletter -- the best way to stay up to date with the latest Athletes Unlimited news
- Unlimited Pick athlete news & access
Rookie benefits, plus:
- Founding Member Designation
- Contribute 10% to the Athlete Bonus Pool
- Club Vote: Vote on Game MVPs, GEICO Defensive Player of the Year, Rookie of the Year & more
- Early Access to Tickets
- Exclusive end of season auction with game-used items with 90% of funds going to the Athlete Causes program and 10% going to the Player Bonus Pool