McQuitter was a high school standout and personally experienced the impact of Title IX being passed during her playing career. She competed collegiately for the Temple Junior College Leopardettes, winning the first NJCAA National Championship. She transferred to the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, and became one of the first female basketball players to receive athletic scholarships at the university due to Title IX.
After graduation, she entered grad school and was invited to Chicago to try out for the WBL. She made the squad and played in the first women’s professional game in the United States.
The league survived only three years and McQuitter began her career as a coach. She’s held positions as a head coach and assistant at the Division I level. She now serves as president of the nonprofit, Legends of the Ball, whose mission is to promote the historic and social relevance of the WBL.
Her TEDxBoston talk focused on the importance of the WBL and how it paved the way. You can watch her full talk here:
We are more than the three years we played. We are not a league that failed; we are a league that propelled the game forward.Elizabeth McQuitter
Fortunato, Ronbeck score hat tricks in victory over Team Arsenault
CEOs in Play: Kylie Ohlmiller and Taylor Cummings Balance Business and Pro Sports
Alisha Childress comes out of retirement to join Athletes Unlimited
Get in the Game
Join The Unlimited Club to unlock benefits for every Athletes Unlimited season by downloading the official Athletes Unlimited App.
- Exclusive Pre-Sale Window
- Access to the Athletes Unlimited App and Fan Leaderboard
- Receive Special Member Giveaways
- Newsletter -- the best way to stay up to date with the latest Athletes Unlimited news
- Unlimited Pick athlete news & access
Rookie benefits, plus:
- Founding Member Designation
- Contribute 10% to the Athlete Bonus Pool
- Club Vote: Vote on Game MVPs, GEICO Defensive Player of the Year, Rookie of the Year & more
- Early Access to Tickets
- Exclusive end of season auction with game-used items with 90% of funds going to the Athlete Causes program and 10% going to the Player Bonus Pool
MVP benefits, plus:
- Access to Ticket Concierge
- Athlete-used item contest*
- On-site Meet & Greets with athletes
- Preferred Parking**
- Player-only item, such as a backpack or hat
- Unlimited Pick: Signed Item***
- *More details to come
- **When available
- ***Once per year, only for Captain members