- CBS Sports Network to Air Seven Matches and FOX Sports to Air 15 Matches Across Cable Networks
- Kevin Barnett and Salima Rockwell to Serve as Broadcast Team
- Eight Olympians Confirmed to Participate Including International Superstars Bethania De La Cruz & Sheilla Castro along with American Sensations Jordan Larson & Karsta Lowe
When 44 of the top volleyball players in the world come together at Fair Park Coliseum in Dallas, TX for Athletes Unlimited’s inaugural volleyball league from February 27 through March 29 fans will be able to watch all 30 matches live around the globe. Today, Athletes Unlimited announced partnerships with CBS Sports Network and FOX Sports whereby 22 of the 30 matches will be broadcast live on TV. Athletes Unlimited will stream the remaining eight matches live across a network of digital partners, without a paywall. Details will be announced at a later date.
As the lead television partner, CBS Sports Network will televise seven matches in the United States and Canada, including each week’s final match. FOX Sports will televise 15 matches on FS2, with the potential for some to move to FS1 as schedules permit. The matches will also air on FOX Deportes in Spanish.
“The opportunity to work with CBS and FOX Sports to broadcast our matches and showcase our world-class athletes across a variety of platforms is exactly what Athletes Unlimited is all about,” said Jon Patricof, CEO and Co-Founder of Athletes Unlimited. “Volleyball is a massive global sport and is always one of the top-rated sports during the Olympics. Our TV partnerships will ensure we are providing the widest and biggest platform the sport has ever received at the pro level in both English and Spanish.”
“We were very pleased with the success of the Athletes Unlimited Softball season earlier this year and look forward to continued success with Volleyball in 2021 on CBS Sports Network.” said Dan Weinberg, CBS Sports Executive Vice President, Programming. “We’re excited to bring the innovative competition with some of the best players in the sport to Volleyball fans across the US.”
“FOX Sports is committed to bringing fans exceptional performances from across the sports world, and we are thrilled to partner with Athletes Unlimited for this exciting new opportunity in the volleyball space,” said Bill Wanger, EVP, Head of Programming & Scheduling, FOX Sports.
Kevin Barnett and Salima Rockwell will serve as the broadcast team for all of the Athletes Unlimited Volleyball matches. Barnett is a former American volleyball player who played for the United States National team at the 2000 and 2004 Summer Olympics. He previously worked as a broadcaster for the Pac-12 Network and FOX Sports West in LA and will now handle play-by-play duties for Athletes Unlimited. Rockwell is a former American volleyball player who was a three-time All-American, four-time National Champion as a coach, and United States Women’s National Team starting setter and Captain. She will serve as the color analyst for the upcoming season.
Brazilian Olympian Sheilla Castro joins Athletes Unlimited Volleyball
GET IN THE GAME
Join The Unlimited Club to unlock benefits and more.
- NEW: Unlimited Pick athlete news and access
- NEW: Subscription to weekly league newsletter and athlete updates
- NEW: Exclusive offers to the Athletes Unlimited Shop
Rookie benefits, plus:
- NEW: Unlimited Pick athlete access: virtual meet and greet with your pick
- Club Vote - including game MVPs, Mic’d Up and end of season awards
- Access to Member-Only Store with limited edition Athletes Unlimited product drops
Pro benefits, plus:
- NEW: Unlimited Pick athlete access: personalized video message from your pick
- Exclusive athlete access: virtual weekly meet and greets, in-game bench chats, behind-the-scenes weekly draft rooms and more!
- Exclusive in-game viewing opportunities
MVP benefits, plus:
- NEW: Unlimited Pick athlete access: signed swag
- Official Unlimited Club Captain recognition on Athletes Unlimited website post-season
- Invitation to Future Athletes Unlimited Events