She spent her childhood growing up playing basketball in New York City at school, streetball, and AAU. When she would walk into footwear stores, there was never a sneaker option made for her as a girl hooper. This inspired her to create Moolah Kicks.
Moolah Kicks is the first women’s basketball brand, built by and for female ballers. White identified how the lack of women’s basketball sneakers had both a negative social implication but also a negative performance effect since women’s feet are different from men’s.
View this post on Instagram
Moolah Kicks is featured at DICK’S Sporting Goods on the first-ever WBB footwear wall.
You can watch White’s TEDxBoston interview below.
Get in the Game
Join The Unlimited Club to unlock benefits for every Athletes Unlimited season by downloading the official Athletes Unlimited App.
- Exclusive Pre-Sale Window
- Access to the Athletes Unlimited App and Fan Leaderboard
- Receive Special Member Giveaways
- Newsletter -- the best way to stay up to date with the latest Athletes Unlimited news
- Unlimited Pick athlete news & access
Rookie benefits, plus:
- Founding Member Designation
- Contribute 10% to the Athlete Bonus Pool
- Club Vote: Vote on Game MVPs, GEICO Defensive Player of the Year, Rookie of the Year & more
- Early Access to Tickets
- Exclusive end of season auction with game-used items with 90% of funds going to the Athlete Causes program and 10% going to the Player Bonus Pool