With an outstanding track record in leading, innovating and collaborating, Adams is the first African American to lead the USTA, the first two-term Chairman and President (2015-2018), and the first former player to hold that honor.
Under her tutelage, the USTA achieved several major milestones, including the opening of the USTA National Campus, the transformation of the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center, and led an outreach effort into underserved communities to share the sport of tennis.
Adams sits on several non-profit boards and committees, including being VP of the prestigious International Tennis Federation, Chairman of the Billie Jean King Cup Committee, Chairman of the Gender Equality in Tennis Committee, Executive Board member of the International Tennis Hall of Fame, and the Executive Director/President of the Harlem Junior Tennis and Education Program.
She has also branched onto boards in the private sector, including Pivotal Acquisition Corp III, GSE Worldwide, and Athletes Unlimited as well as serving in several advisory roles.
Her novel “Own the Arena” was published by Harper Collins Publishers, Amistad Books, Feb. 23, 2021.
Her talk focused on her experiences being “the only one” in spaces during her tennis career.
Drews and Peterson help Team Drews close out Week 3 sweep
Team Jaquish squeezes by Team Chidester in 9 innings, 10-8
Get in the Game
Join The Unlimited Club to unlock benefits for every Athletes Unlimited season by downloading the official Athletes Unlimited App.
- Exclusive Pre-Sale Window
- Access to the Athletes Unlimited App and Fan Leaderboard
- Receive Special Member Giveaways
- Newsletter -- the best way to stay up to date with the latest Athletes Unlimited news
- Unlimited Pick athlete news & access
Rookie benefits, plus:
- Founding Member Designation
- Contribute 10% to the Athlete Bonus Pool
- Club Vote: Vote on Game MVPs, GEICO Defensive Player of the Year, Rookie of the Year & more
- Early Access to Tickets
- Exclusive end of season auction with game-used items with 90% of funds going to the Athlete Causes program and 10% going to the Player Bonus Pool
MVP benefits, plus:
- Access to Ticket Concierge
- Athlete-used item contest*
- On-site Meet & Greets with athletes
- Preferred Parking**
- Player-only item, such as a backpack or hat
- Unlimited Pick: Signed Item***
- *More details to come
- **When available
- ***Once per year, only for Captain members