The partnership will kick off with Chambers moderating a new long-form series where she leaves it all on the table with athletes. The multi-episode series features Chambers leading a roundtable discussion with Athletes Unlimited Basketball players. Covering everything from playing abroad to music, and never-before-heard stories about their lives on and off the court, these conversations focus on topics and themes that are important to the athletes. The series will be distributed across both HighlightHER and Athletes Unlimited social media platforms.
“I feel the excitement of the players. I feel the excitement of the lovers of women’s basketball. I feel the excitement of the staff. This is the future of basketball… with unlimited potential,” Chambers said. “Athletes Unlimited perfectly depicts why the cost of inaction is greater than the risk. They did more than bet on women, they invested in their future… and look at the result: excellence. I think players tell their stories on the court through their game. I’m excited to amplify their stories off the court, too, alongside my peers.”
Additionally, to celebrate the opening week of Athletes Unlimited Basketball, Chambers will be providing fans with behind-the-scenes content from the court. Coverage will be a mix of Instagram takeovers, highlightHER Originals on the ground, ChattHER LIVE and Goat Talk.
HighlightHER and Athletes Unlimited first partnered together in 2020, with Chambers leading a 6-part series entitled Hitting Home: Diversity in Softball. The series examined social issues in professional sports in celebration of Black History Month. Additionally, Chambers also went behind the shield in Dallas, Tex. during the inaugural season of Athletes Unlimited Volleyball, vlogging her experience.
Here it is! Hitting Home: Representation in Softball…episode 1 of a 6-part series. A @HighlightHER x @AUProSports collab. I’m super blown away by these athletes’ stories. Check it out: https://t.co/9cR8oBccZ0 pic.twitter.com/dF6pEcBZp5
— Arielle (Ari) Chambers (@ariivory) February 12, 2021
“After being with Athletes Unlimited from its inception, seeing the growth of AU is so fulfilling,” Chambers said. “The league is bold and transformative. It’s an essential piece in growing and elevating the women’s game. What a time to be alive!”
Chambers founded Bleacher Report’s women’s platform, HighlightHER, in early 2019 and the platform has now grown to over 170,000 followers and counting. The broadcasting and media company focuses on all aspects of women’s sports and culture with a mission to advocate for women’s equity and empowerment.
Through her efforts with and impact of highlightHER, Chambers has been named to Forbes 30 Under 30 (Sports, 2021), For(bes) the Culture’s 50 Champions (2021), The Athletic’s 40 Under 40: Rising Stars in Women’s Basketball (2021), Footlocker’s Sole List (2021) and Yahoo’s Changemakers (2021). Chambers is also Miss North Carolina International 2021.
Athletes Unlimited Basketball’s first season will take place in Athletes Unlimited Arena at the Sport Center of Las Vegas, less than two miles from the Las Vegas Strip. Games will be broadcast in the U.S. on either FOX Sports, CBS Sports Network, Bally Sports or Athletes Unlimited digital channels. Additional international media partners will also be added.
Tickets are available via AUProSports.com.
- Athletes Unlimited Softball Increases Partner Roster to 17 Ahead of Second Season
- Mac May, Stephanie Samedy and Dana Rettke lead inaugural Athletes Unlimited Volleyball College Draft Class
- Team Hawkins' second half effort secures 104-90 win over Team Brown
- Cassidy Lichtman and Katrina Adams join Athletes Unlimited Board of Directors
Athletes Unlimited Softball Increases Partner Roster to 17 Ahead of Second Season
Mac May, Stephanie Samedy and Dana Rettke lead inaugural Athletes Unlimited Volleyball College Draft Class
Team Hawkins' second half effort secures 104-90 win over Team Brown
Get in the Game
Join The Unlimited Club to unlock benefits for every Athletes Unlimited season by downloading the official Athletes Unlimited App.
- Exclusive Pre-Sale Window
- Access to the Athletes Unlimited App and Fan Leaderboard
- Receive Special Member Giveaways
- Newsletter -- the best way to stay up to date with the latest Athletes Unlimited news
- Unlimited Pick athlete news & access
Rookie benefits, plus:
- Founding Member Designation
- Contribute 10% to the Athlete Bonus Pool
- Club Vote: Vote on Game MVPs, GEICO Defensive Player of the Year, Rookie of the Year & more
- Early Access to Tickets
- Exclusive end of season auction with game-used items with 90% of funds going to the Athlete Causes program and 10% going to the Player Bonus Pool
MVP benefits, plus:
- Access to Ticket Concierge
- Athlete-used item contest*
- On-site Meet & Greets with athletes
- Preferred Parking**
- Player-only item, such as a backpack or hat
- Unlimited Pick: Signed Item***
- *More details to come
- **When available
- ***Once per year, only for Captain members