Athletes Unlimited announced today that ESPN International, CBC Sports, FreeSports and Setanta Sports have been added to the previously announced network of broadcast and streaming partners which include CBS Sports Network and FOX Sports, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Dailymotion and Twitch for its inaugural volleyball league, starting February 27 and featuring 45 of the best players in the world.
The agreements will provide live coverage to more than 100 countries in North America, Latin America, Oceania, Africa, Europe, Asia, the Caribbean, and the Middle East. Following is a breakdown of coverage:
- CBC Sports: Canada (15 FOX Sports matches streaming via CBC Gem, cbcsports.ca and the CBC Sports app)
- FreeSports: UK (22 FOX Sports and CBS Sports Network matches) www.freesportsplayer.tv
- Setanta Sports: Ukraine, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan (22 FOX Sports and CBS Sports Network matches)
- ESPN International: (22 FOX Sports and CBS Sports Network matches) a. Latin America: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela;
- Oceania: Australia and New Zealand;
- Europe: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and Turkey
- Africa: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Republic of Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Reunion, Rwanda, St. Helena, Sao Tome & Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia, Zimbabwe;
- Middle East: Afghanistan, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, and United Arab Emirates.
“The international distribution plan for our inaugural volleyball season will ensure unprecedented coverage for our incredible athletes and will showcase our U. S.-based league for fans around the globe,” said Jon Patricof, CEO and Co-Founder of Athletes Unlimited.
For more information on where to watch, click here.
Breaking the Mold: Sareea Freeman balances passions for pro volleyball and business
First-time captain Sheilla Castro starts Week 3 with a win
Athletes Unlimited Volleyball Scoring: The Simulations