Her books have received wide acclaim, and her upcoming narrative social history book chronicles groundbreaking 1978 federal legal case. As the only woman covering baseball full-time as a reporter in 1978, Ludtke became a plaintiff in Ludtke v. Kuhn, which established equal access for women reporters to report alongside male reporters in Major League Baseball locker rooms. The judge’s decision in Ludtke v. Kuhn opened pathways for generations of young women to work in sports media, though issues revolving around gender equality in the profession are still in play 45 years later.
You can watch Melissa’s talk below.
My story is about mother to daughter not father to son.Melissa Ludtke
Recap: Courtney Williams nets winner Team Harrison in 109-107 OT thriller
© Athletes Unlimited, LLC 2023 / Credit: MK Ridgway
Colson's personality and competitive spirit benefit Aces locker room
Sydney Colson, Credit: Stephen Gosling
Cinco jonrones impulsan al Equipo Hayward a una victoria 8-3 sobre el Equipo Reed
© Athletes Unlimited, LLC 2020 / Credit: Jade Hewitt
get in the game
Join the pro sports revolution, unlock benefits and more.
Be a part of the game, and get the ultimate fan experience.
- Contribute 10% to the Athlete Bonus Pool
- Club Vote: Vote on Game MVPs, Seasonal Awards and more
- Weekly Meet & Greets following each streamed draft*
- Early Access to tickets
- Access to additional merchandise
Unlimited Club Gold
Got more love for the game? Go for the gold.
- Access to Ticket Concierge
- Seasonal virtual events, such as multi-player meet & greets with autographs
- Yearly Gift: Athletes Unlimited T-Shirt
- One (1) UC Gold Box ($200 value) for the sport of your choice**
- 25% off additional UC Gold Boxes