SPARKS, Md. — Boston College has produced some of the top goal scorers in women’s college lacrosse over the last few years. In Saturday’s Athletes Unlimited Lacrosse game between Team Colson and Team Moreno, two of those former Eagles teamed up to steal the offensive show.
Attacker Kenzie Kent scored a season-high five goals and attacker Charlotte North netted the game-winning goal with 1:28 left in overtime as Team Colson downed Team Moreno, 13-12, at USA Lacrosse Headquarters.
Kent, who earned MVP 1 honors for her efforts, tallied a season-high 166 leaderboard points in the victory, while North garnered 133 points and an MVP 2 award with her heroics.
Midfielder Katie O’Donnell added a two-goal performance in the win for Team Colson, which outshot Team Moreno by a 38-29 margin.
Attackers Scottie Rose Growney, Sam Geiersbach and Izzy McMahon each netted a hat trick in the loss for Team Moreno, while goalkeeper Taylor Moreno registered 14 saves, including eight in the second half.
Kent sent the game into overtime with a free position goal with just 64 seconds remaining before North’s unassisted marker midway through the extra period secured the victory.
Despite the loss, Moreno moved back into the top spot on the leaderboard and will hold a 63-point advantage over attacker Sam Apuzzo when the duo meets in Sunday’s first game at 10:30 a.m. Moreno holds the league lead in both stat points and MVP points, while Apuzzo owns a league-best 795 win points.
Saturday’s game marked the third overtime contest of the season.
Moreno has reached double figures in saves in seven consecutive games and now has a league-high 91 saves in eight contests this season.
North remains one of three players in the league to score at least one goal in every game this season.
Kent becomes the sixth player in league history to register a five-goal game … It was the first five-goal game by a player since Kylie Ohlmiller had five goals on Aug. 15, 2021, against Team Arsenault.
- #1 – Kenzie Kent (Team Colson, +45)
- #2 – Charlotte North (Team Colson, +30)
- #3 – Sam Geiersbach (Team Moreno, +15)
Eberle tosses second straight-complete-game victory in 5-2 win
Team Jaquish defeats Team Osterman 5-2 in extra innings behind McQuillin's pitching
Recap: Jaquish earns 278 points with 3 hits in 9-3 victory
Get in the Game
Join The Unlimited Club to unlock benefits for every Athletes Unlimited season by downloading the official Athletes Unlimited App.
- Exclusive Pre-Sale Window
- Access to the Athletes Unlimited App and Fan Leaderboard
- Receive Special Member Giveaways
- Newsletter -- the best way to stay up to date with the latest Athletes Unlimited news
- Unlimited Pick athlete news & access
Rookie benefits, plus:
- Founding Member Designation
- Contribute 10% to the Athlete Bonus Pool
- Club Vote: Vote on Game MVPs, GEICO Defensive Player of the Year, Rookie of the Year & more
- Early Access to Tickets
- Exclusive end of season auction with game-used items with 90% of funds going to the Athlete Causes program and 10% going to the Player Bonus Pool