Shane’s passion in life is amplified when she’s focused on building relationships, positivity, and storytelling specifically for misrepresented communities. While studying African American Studies, Law, Justice & Social Change and music at Michigan, Shane helped lead the women’s lacrosse program to its first NCAA Tournament bid in 2019.
View this post on Instagram
A native of Princeton, N.J. and a proud biracial queer woman, she is Michigan’s all-time winningest goalie in program history and the career saves leader. When she isn’t competing in lacrosse, she is probably beatboxing or singing. She currently lives in Brooklyn, NY and works for Verb Energy focusing on diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
While facing adversity related to her identity, Shane has found that self-love is the access point to meeting our most authentic selves. Throughout her talk, Shane creates a safe space to think about how we can love ourselves more in order to transcend our love for others. She also breaks it down beatboxing and singing.
You can watch Shane’s full TEDxBoston talk below.
get in the game
Join the pro sports revolution, unlock benefits and more.
Be a part of the game, and get the ultimate fan experience.
- Contribute 10% to the Athlete Bonus Pool
- Club Vote: Vote on Game MVPs, Seasonal Awards and more
- Weekly Meet & Greets following each streamed draft*
- Early Access to tickets
- Access to additional merchandise
Unlimited Club Gold
Got more love for the game? Go for the gold.
- Access to Ticket Concierge
- Seasonal virtual events, such as multi-player meet & greets with autographs
- Yearly Gift: Athletes Unlimited T-Shirt
- One (1) UC Gold Box ($200 value) for the sport of your choice**
- 25% off additional UC Gold Boxes