Emily Saul: The power of practice (and pushups)
Emily Saul is a sports psychology and performance coach as well as a mental health counselor.
Ten years ago, Saul started doing 100 pushups every day. Across her over 400,000 pushups she has learned lessons from the theme of her talk: practice.
View this post on Instagram
She co-leads November Project, a free, open-to-the-public exercise group that motivates and challenges athletes of all abilities and walks of life. Saul was a collegiate rower and coached Strength & Conditioning at Harvard for seven years.
Saul was a Division I collegiate rower at the University of Tulsa and coached strength & conditioning at Harvard University for seven years. She is also an avid marathon runner on road and trail.
During her talk, she introduces the value of having a practice: an ongoing and consistent relationship with repeated action. This practice creates a space for learning, developing personal growth, purpose, and the ability to overcome challenges.
Her talk offers five of the most relevant and applicable lessons for building a practice of your own.
You can watch Saul’s full TEDxBoston talk below.
get in the game
Join the pro sports revolution, unlock benefits and more.
Be a part of the game, and get the ultimate fan experience.
- Contribute 10% to the Athlete Bonus Pool
- Club Vote: Vote on Game MVPs, Seasonal Awards and more
- Weekly Meet & Greets following each draft
- Early Access to tickets
- Access to additional merchandise
Unlimited Club Gold
Got more love for the game? Go for the gold.
- Access to Ticket Concierge
- Seasonal virtual events, such as multi-player meet & greets with autographs
- Yearly Gift: Athletes Unlimited T-Shirt
- One (1) UC Gold Box ($200 value) for the sport of your choice**
- 25% off additional UC Gold Boxes
Already a member? Login here.
Need help? Contact us.