- Local Events to be hosted in New York, California, Texas, Illinois, Florida, New Jersey, and Maryland among others starting in March 2021
- Emily Parros, Amanda Johansen, Meg Douty, Haley Warden and Molly Wolf Confirmed to Attend Events and Provide Instruction
- Top Performers from each region to be invited to a Three-Day Athletes Unlimited National Summit during inaugural Lacrosse season from July 19-August 22
Athletes Unlimited has launched its Futures Program for elite middle and high school female lacrosse players across the United States with the goal of cultivating and connecting today’s young female lacrosse players.
Programming at each Athletes Unlimited Futures event will include professional training from top players and coaches.
Athletes Unlimited players confirmed to participate at select local events include Emily Parros, Amanda Johansen, Meg Douty, Haley Warden, and Molly Wolf.
Local tryouts and events will be held in 15 U.S. cities including California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia from March through June. For more information regarding dates, eligibility, cost and tryout information for each event please visit www.au-futures.com. Athletes Unlimited believes in accessibility for all and will provide a limited number of scholarships for deserving participants on a case by case basis.
Participants will be evaluated by Athletes Unlimited lacrosse players, Regional Directors and coaches. The top performers from each regional event will be invited to the Athletes Unlimited National Summit which will feature additional advanced training and competition for selected players to be held over three days during the Athletes Unlimited Lacrosse league which will be held from July 19 – August 22.
“Participating in a program very similar to Athletes Unlimited Futures is what sparked my love for lacrosse and ignited my heart to realize I could potentially play at the collegiate level. It was a chance for me to get the coaching and confidence I needed to take my game to the next level.” said Mira Shane, Athletes Unlimited lacrosse player and the winningest goalie in University of Michigan history.
“We are proud to launch Athletes Unlimited Futures Lacrosse as our first youth initiative and hope our programming and experience will help develop the next generation of great players in the United States,” said Jon Patricof, CEO and Co-Founder of Athletes Unlimited.
“The Athletes Unlimited Futures program plays a very important role in improving player performance and contributing to the growth of lacrosse,” said Michele Dejuliis, Senior Director of Athletes Unlimited Lacrosse. “Our players and coaches are among the best in the world and we look forward to connecting them with future stars. Athletes Unlimited and Ultimate Events & Sports have partnered in this great program to benefit all of our participants with safety as our number one priority.”
Recap: Johansen registers first career hat trick, 226 points in victory
GEICO Defensive Player of the Year Voting Opens Thursday for Lacrosse
Meet the 9 Draftees from the inaugural Athletes Unlimited Volleyball Draft
Get in the Game
Join The Unlimited Club to unlock benefits for every Athletes Unlimited season by downloading the official Athletes Unlimited App.
- Exclusive Pre-Sale Window
- Access to the Athletes Unlimited App and Fan Leaderboard
- Receive Special Member Giveaways
- Newsletter -- the best way to stay up to date with the latest Athletes Unlimited news
- Unlimited Pick athlete news & access
Rookie benefits, plus:
- Founding Member Designation
- Contribute 10% to the Athlete Bonus Pool
- Club Vote: Vote on Game MVPs, GEICO Defensive Player of the Year, Rookie of the Year & more
- Early Access to Tickets
- Exclusive end of season auction with game-used items with 90% of funds going to the Athlete Causes program and 10% going to the Player Bonus Pool