2015 Pan American Games gold medalist with Canada
Hovinga grew up in Omaha, Nebraska. She is a dual citizen of the U.S. and Canada - where her mom was born and raised in Edmonton, Alberta. After graduating from Oregon, Hovinga worked as a graduate manager for the University of Minnesota softball team (2017, 2018), and was a volunteer assistant with the Stanford softball team in 2019 and 2020.
Hovinga competed with the NPF’s Canadian Wild in 2019, going 3-2 with 1 save and a 3.02 ERA in 41.2 innings pitched. With Team Canada, she won a gold medal at the 2015 Pan American Games, and bronze medals at the 2016 and 2018 WBSC World Championships.
2014 NCAA All-Regional Team
Career stats do not include AUX season stats.
Support my Non-Profit Partner
As a part of our Athlete Causes initiative, athletes are playing their season in part for the benefit of the non-profit organization of their choice. At the end of the season, the Give Lively Foundation will make a grant equal to 50% of the athlete’s end-of-season bonus to the non-profit. If you want to rally behind your athlete and support their non-profit partner, you can donate here:
Get in the Game
Join The Unlimited Club to unlock benefits for every Athletes Unlimited season by downloading the official Athletes Unlimited App.
- Exclusive Pre-Sale Window
- Access to the Athletes Unlimited App and Fan Leaderboard
- Receive Special Member Giveaways
- Newsletter -- the best way to stay up to date with the latest Athletes Unlimited news
- Unlimited Pick athlete news & access
Rookie benefits, plus:
- Founding Member Designation
- Contribute 10% to the Athlete Bonus Pool
- Club Vote: Vote on Game MVPs, GEICO Defensive Player of the Year, Rookie of the Year & more
- Early Access to Tickets
- Exclusive end of season auction with game-used items with 90% of funds going to the Athlete Causes program and 10% going to the Player Bonus Pool