Athletes Unlimited today announced a partnership with The Topps Company to create an exclusive trading card set commemorating the inaugural Athletes Unlimited Lacrosse season. This is the first Topps trading card set for women’s professional lacrosse and is a continuation of the historic Athletes Unlimited partnership, which already brought softball and volleyball cards to fans worldwide.
The Athletes Unlimited Lacrosse limited edition trading cards will be available online for $19.99 and will feature all 56 athletes participating in the league’s historic first season. Highlighting the Athletes Unlimited roster are current U.S. National Team members and reigning world champions Taylor Cummings, Meg Douty, Marie McCool, Kylie Ohlmiller and Kayla Treanor.
In addition to the individual player and themed cards, there will be special Nike Golden Ticket cards that will be randomly included in select boxed sets. This new program is the result of creative partnership between Athletes Unlimited, Topps and Nike. The Nike Golden Ticket will be redeemable for an exclusive merchandise package including official Athletes Unlimited gear and other Nike products.
This first of its kind set will be on-sale from July 21 through August 27th. Once the window closes, the set will not be printed again, creating a truly unique collectible for fans.
“We are honored to be the first professional lacrosse players to be immortalized with the first set of trading cards by Topps,” said Amber McKenzie, . “Our inaugural trading card set is just another way for us to connect with our fans and grow interest in our sport.”
“Topps continues to be a great partner for Athletes Unlimited, putting a well-deserved spotlight on the many world-class athletes who are part of our leagues and providing exposure that hasn’t always existed for professional female athletes,” said Jon Patricof, CEO and co-founder of Athletes Unlimited. “This new set will serve as a historic commemoration of the inaugural Athletes Unlimited Lacrosse season, which opens on July 23 and will feature 56 of the sport’s top athletes.”
“Topps is always looking for ways to extend our brand to new and exciting properties and adding women’s lacrosse to our ever-expanding portfolio is a fantastic opportunity to showcase this new league,” said David Leiner, Topps global general manager of sports & entertainment. “We aim to highlight these incredible athletes competing at the highest level and are excited for collectors to capture a piece of Athletes Unlimited history through this exclusive set.”
Aust's five goals lead Team Wood to thrilling win
Olympian Jordan Larson becomes inaugural Athletes Unlimited Volleyball Champion
Appreciating the Creator's Game
Get in the Game
Join The Unlimited Club to unlock benefits for every Athletes Unlimited season by downloading the official Athletes Unlimited App.
- Exclusive Pre-Sale Window
- Access to the Athletes Unlimited App and Fan Leaderboard
- Receive Special Member Giveaways
- Newsletter -- the best way to stay up to date with the latest Athletes Unlimited news
- Unlimited Pick athlete news & access
Rookie benefits, plus:
- Founding Member Designation
- Contribute 10% to the Athlete Bonus Pool
- Club Vote: Vote on Game MVPs, GEICO Defensive Player of the Year, Rookie of the Year & more
- Early Access to Tickets
- Exclusive end of season auction with game-used items with 90% of funds going to the Athlete Causes program and 10% going to the Player Bonus Pool
- Unlimited Pick: Signed Postcard*
- 10% off Select Merchandise**
Pro benefits, plus:
- Virtual Post-Draft Meet and Greets
- Invitations to virtual events, such as athlete Q&As
- Access to exclusive NFTs
- Exclusive videos (Extended Mic’d Ups and more)
- Unlimited Pick: Signed Postcard*
MVP benefits, plus:
- Access to Ticket Concierge
- Athlete-used item contest*
- On-site Meet & Greets with athletes
- Preferred Parking**
- Player-only item, such as a backpack or hat
- Unlimited Pick: Signed Item***